Friday, March 9, 2012

EPIC DAY

... yep: "DRAMA" takes the lead again... i still don't know if i should laugh, or get crazy about it... well as i can't change it, i better laugh at it ;) i still was not over my cold, weather looked better (warmer/dryer) at thursday but i had my "off-day" on wednesday - so on my way to ticino i was.
train was gone...
it all started when my train was 5minutes late due to waiting for another train and thanks to that i did not catch MY connecting train to ticino which was the reason i missed the bus up to chironico. 

still humidity in the air from the snow/rainfall a day ago. aiming on my 60min up hill hike to the "fisch"...
what resulted in a 60min hike uphill with a LOT of gear... and extended my travel time to the "fisch" to 6hrs ONE-WAY!!!


finally up there at the project i warmed up quickly - sat down on the low-start and gave it a go.
to rock felt cold and humid, pretty greasy - but to my surprise (still don't know why) i was able to pull through the (for me) so brutal hard starting-sequence...
then i arrived at the mantel. 
new HIGHPOINT from the low-start!!! 
COLD fingers, GREASY holds... BUT so CLOSE - i gave ALL i had...
and i was up there on the hold with my left hand - but in the same moment i GREASED of with my righ hand... (watch the pic below!)
what ended with a nice a-bomb from myself
NO - there is no free anything for me when trying to climb HARD projects. i CAN NOT "just" climb them. DRAMA MUST BE!!! looks like i have to be able do them 3times a day, one handed, blindfolded, allez-retour, while raining and with a 20kg backpack - otherwise its just a NO GO?!
another try... cause: getting stronger, 3times a day, onehanded, with the backpack... 
you know the story ;)
time to leave....
GOING HOME? 
well there was waiting a last SURPRISE - LANDSLIDE!!! no trains home anymore... &*%ç+"???!!!
BIIIIIG thanx to my lovely girlfriend who drove 2h down to ticino to "rescue" me, as 14h of work waited the next morning for me... END of an EPIC DAY...

2 comments:

  1. ..and I thought the ÖBB in austria is slow ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. normally the swizzy-trains work fine, but looks like i just got a bad day......

    ReplyDelete